RSS

1and1 domain trouble...

I just found the pages that could help those who are still struggling with making their 1and1 domain name with both the www prefix and without the www prefix. Don't give up yet as there is still a way to make your domain work if my tutorial did not help at all. So here let me explain why it didn't work. First if you changed the DNS settings of your domain, then that is it, it is what's causing your domain not to work. Now here is another solution in order for it to work; you need to reset your domain name either by writing to 1and1 support and ask them to return your domain name's settings to it's original state or default settings and/or configure it yourself by visiting "restore domain to default settings". Then for the redirection or forwarding your domain to your blog just take a moment and see about Forward/Redirect Domain for the step by step guide. After following the instructions you will have your domain working for sure.
By the way, once your domain is reset be sure to go back and follow my subdomain tutorial (so you have your domain name working with the prefix attached)-if you don't know how to create your sub domain. Ok till here for now, I hope I give you all some assistance on your domain name set up. Good luck!

Note: To JenL. I think you could use it if you want to have both your domain name with the www prefix working and the one without the www prefix. Just give it a try and see.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

admin said...

Hi An.... thanks for this new tutorial.. aba sa wakas it works nag w/o at with www (don ko ginawa sa www.thisandthat-online.com) domain ko..nireset ko nga DNS, it took about an hours or so bago umeffect..

Pansin ko lang pag walang www laht ng links sa same url lumalabas (kasi di ba naka frame redirect) pero pag may www. it works really nice naman..

I dunno kung gagawin ko ito sa isang domain ko yung jennys-corner.com kasi nasimulan ko ng ganon eh..

Pero nonetheless it worked ha.. galing thanks, tska may error pala ako pati namali ako ng forwarding url na nalagy ko dati..

so ok na yun thisandthat domain.. THANKS THANKS.. ur a genius hahaha..

JennyL

Ana P. S. said...

I am glad that my tutorial helped you out with getting your domain to work, Jen. How nice to know that people can actually use my tutorial. I tried all I know about setting up my domain, but nothing worked, so I resorted to doing the simple ways as possible like I did doon sa yahoo. We can have a domain working through the easy way lang naman pala eh, so why not share it. Okay, till here, thanks for the kind words, and praises. Tumataba ang puso ko kapag ma inspired, kaya nga siguro I figure things out kasi inspired eh. Thanks ah. I am not a genuis, I learn as I go along lang-lalo na from experience. Sige, till next time!

Anonymous said...

AVG Antivirus Support like your page.

Post a Comment