RSS

My Better-Half

I am tag by In-in with this better half thingy, so here is mine. Thanks for tagging me, In! Anyway, this tag is simple. If you feel comfortable and your better half does too, you can post a picture of him in your blog ( but if not a description will do). May it be babies picture anything that you like with the following:

1. First name: if he doesn't like his name plastered all over the internet, a pet name will do.
2. How and where did you meet?
3. Characteristics
4. Your plans 20 to 30 years from now.

-My husband goes by the name of Rick.

-As for how we met, well, he found a pen pal magazine where he wrote to a couple of young women in the Philippines, and one of them happened to be around where I lived. However, he never received a response from the girl he wrote to in my area-she was already married or getting married to a western man for one thing, so she passed his address to another lady. Not to me, but then the lady didn't write to him either. So I decided to temp my fate and wrote to him instead...LOL. I was quite young then, but it didn't matter because I was too wrapped up-ambitious and had my mind set in living a better life than what I would be living married to a high school sweetheart or somebody my age. I wanted to follow my cousin's footstep who married someone in the western world which compelled me to do the same, ambitious indeed. Anyway, that is how I met my better half, and we met in Dumaguete city, Negros Oriental in the Visayas region Philippines for the very first time back in the year 1998, on the 29th of June. Whoa, 9 years ago.

-His characteristics are fine, he can be a nice guy, easy to get along, talk to, has a good heart, and everything in between that makes him a well rounded person to have around. He is okay. My family likes him for being so kind, giving and thoughtful.

-I can't say what our plan is 20-30 years from now, who knows, and only time will tell. Time is too unpredictable to be planning anything. But if I have to say, maybe travel the world if possible...LOL.

Alright, this is all. Anyone that likes this tag can grab it, feel free.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Norm said...

ang ganda ng lovestory....i enjoy reading it...An, grab ko ani nga tagay ha if naa koy time....thanks daan...

Merydith said...

An you are indeed destined to be together. Of all the pasa pasa you ended up in each other's arms and now blessed with two beautiful kidos. Thanks for doing the tag. I always love reading other people's love story. Isn't it?

Pretty Life Online said...

nice one girl!!!! reminds me the quote... " It's choice--not chance--that determines your destiny.”

Post a Comment